Friday 3 June 2016

Project Z - Review Pt.1


So my lovely (Read: Long suffering) Wife bought me a copy of Warlord's Project Z Starter set today during a trip to Orcs Nest as my late Anniversary gift.

So I've now had a few hours to have a play and read the rules.. a whole 15 pages of them! 

So here's my thoughts pre-game!


Fight to survive in the abandoned streets of a post-apocalyptic world infested by unnatural creatures hungry for your flesh.
Scavenge for scarce supplies whilst battling against the dead and the living alike; there are no laws, there are no rules, only the fight.

The official blurb:

Project Z is a skirmish wargame for 1 to 3 players taking control of Survivors or a Street Gang fighting to survive against the environment and an ever-growing horde of Zombies. Project Z is a fast and easy to learn game containing 39 detailed self-assembly plastic models, rules, counters and specially designed dice and cards.

So as mentioned my Wife bought me it but I'm still very much a price minded person and I like cheap and cheerful. To quote a Dictator ''Quantity has a quality all of it's own''.

The Starter box is £30 retail, but a smart shopper can pick it up for £26 on a well known ''bay'' hehe. 

You get:

23 Zombies
10 Male Survivors
4 Biker ''Prospects''
2 Bikers Inc Pillion 
Plus rules, dice, cards and counters 

That's great value but honestly I was a tad disappointed as you don't get a gaming mat that most games like this come with (Terminator, Deadzone, Mars Attacks ect).

Still I can over look that.

Bikers, I have a soft spot for bikers and have a miniature biker gang for other games called the ''Six Six Sixers''
Game wise I haven't played it yet but I have arranged for a game at my local Club where funny enough is plenty of Zombie game fans as Zombieide is played often and few peopled backed Mantic's The Walking Dead.

But looking at the rules it does seem rather nice and quick flowing more like a Boardgame then a true Wargame.

Building Gangs is easy as you just choose a set number of cards each with a set number of troop types on and you can equip the fellers with whatever you fancy.

So long as you follow the rule: Only 1 2 handed Weapon or 2 Single Handed and they must be modelled.

Suits me!



Also each add on box gang comes with more cards and troop/ganger types allowing you too build different gangs/groups/armies(?)

Not a fan of that to be fair, but the little gang expansions are rather cheap and do look nice.. so yes I'll be adding some more offical figures to my collection :)

Well that's it for now, I'll do Pt.2 after my first game.

Thanks for looking!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...